This blogpost is also available in German / auf Deutsch
First things first: I am NOT a food blogger! But since you requested recipes for Veganuary several times, I spent last Sunday cooking and taking pictures all day long! The lighting conditions were terrible by the way, but in the end it’s all about the ideas and recipes and not perfect pictures 🙂
But since I cooked all day long, there will be a vegan favorite recipe every day for the next 7 days starting today! Today we start with filled vegan cheese pasta shells! Suuuuper delicious and easy and you do not necessarily need pasta shells that you can fill.
A quick bit of info: All my recipes are more like a basis. You can always add other side dishes or proteins or exchange some ingredients! You can also always spice everything a bit more or less. I don’t want to give perfect cooking instructions, but inspiration for some basics of vegan cuisine, also because I’m not a food blogger. But I’ve been cooking vegan for 7 years now and have picked up some tricks here and there. Also, I will not show you only a healthy raw vegan cuisine, but rather hearty soul food.
But now let’s start with the stuffed pasta shells!
- Pasta, I used 250 grams of pasta shells, but you can use any pasta, see below in the tip on how to do that!
- 5 tablespoons of vegan mayo (I used cheap Alnatura mayo and it was ok, but the one by byodo is much better)
- 400g firm tofu
- 1/2 tsp miso paste (optional)
- 1/2 tsp basil dried
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 5-10 tablespoons tomato sauce (homemade or bought)
- a few spoonfuls of almond cream cheese sauce
- Cook noodles according to the package instructions
- Finely crush the tofu in a small bowl with a fork
- Add mayo, miso, basil, onion powder and if necessary salt and pepper and mix together into a paste. Garlic would probably be good too!
- Drain the pasta and cool it off with cold water
- Put the tomato sauce in a small casserole dish so that the bottom is well covered
- Put the tofu paste in the pasta and lay the stuffed shells on the tomato sauce (see pictures)
- Spread a few tablespoons of tomato sauce over the pasta and bake in the oven until the tomato sauce is sizzling and the pasta turns slightly brown
- Remove from the oven and add 2-3 tablespoon of almond paste cheese sauce on the pasta
- Serve with fresh basil 🙂
Tip: As I said, you can choose any other pasta, gluten-free of course as well! If you do not have any to fill, cook the boiled and drained noodles with the tofu paste in the pan, heat everything, then spread it on a plate and add the hot tomato sauce and some almond paste cheese on top! Or bake everything in the oven, as you like 🙂 If you make a large amount, then store the cooked pasta, tomato sauce and tofu paste separately in the fridge.
Don’t forget, if it doesn’t taste as you want it to yet feel free to experiment with a few spices, e.g. more salt, soy sauce, herbs, nutritional yeast, etc. You can find my Veganuary blog post here!