This post is also available in German (auf Deutsch)
Thailand is just the perfect vacation destination – pretty beaches, super yummy food, amazing people, a super easy transport system, cheap prices, exciting cities, beautiful landscapes, interesting villages and a super interesting inland! The land of smiles is definitely one of my favorite travel destinations!
During our world trip but also last year during a blogger press trip, I got to know the country quite well. All in all I’ve spent 5 weeks in Thailand and wrote many articles about my time there! As I am often asked about these articles and as it’s sometimes a bit confusing to navigate on blogs, I decided to summarize all my Thailand content in one Thailand Travel Guide blogpost:
Bangkok Travel Guide
Bangkok – for many tourists the starting point of a Thailand trip. Due to its size I really didn’t have any desire to explore the city a lot – at first! Because in the end I loved it there! Yes, it is loud, hot, busy and crazy there but a visit to Bangkok is so worth it!!! I summarized my favorite sightseeing as well as my favorite vegan food spots (including one of my favorite restaurants EVER!!!): https://heylilahey.com/three-day-bangkok-guide/
Of course most travelers choose to spent most of their time at Thailand beaches. I definitely didn’t visit all the important beaches and I am not an expert when it comes to beaches in Thailand. But I summarized my personal experiences:
- Dream beach on Koh Phangan: https://heylilahey.com/de/dream-beach-thong-nai-pan-noi-koh-phangan/
- Roadtrip through the island Koh Lanta: https://heylilahey.com/de/roadtrip-koh-lanta/
The North of Thailand
As I mentioned, many people choose to just hang out at the beaches. But Thailand’s countryside has SO much to offer! I love Northern Thailand and spent most of my time there. There are so many national parks, hiking trails, waterfalls, interesting villages and amazing food to discover! I wrote a lot about Northern Thailand:
- Chiang Mai is a must! It’s a pretty big town, and also very busy, but there is so much to experience and to explore: https://heylilahey.com/chiang-mai-travel-guide/
- As the vegan food is especially good in Chiang Mai, I’ve wrote a separate Chiang Mai Vegan Food Guide: https://heylilahey.com/chiang-mai-vegan-food-guide/
- The Chiang Mai province is very traditional and not so easy to reach (therefore not so overrun) and the climate is also pretty nice: https://heylilahey.com/chiang-mai-province-travel-guide/
- Close to Chiang Mai you can also find the Sticky Waterfalls, one of my highlights, as well as the Chiang Mai Grand Canyon: https://heylilahey.com/sticky-waterfalls-vs-grand-canyon/
- Anyone who has the time should also make a stop in Chiang Rai. Many locals visit the town during their vacation from busy, hot Bangkok as the climate is a bit cooler and the night market is super entertaining (and not as overrun as in Chiang Mai) and I really enjoyed visiting the White Temple of Chiang Rai: https://heylilahey.com/white-temple-chiang-rai/
Have you ever been to Thailand? How did you like and and where did you go exactly? And if not, would you like to visit Thailand one day?