This blogpost is also available in German / auf Deutsch
How is your Veganuary going? I hope well 🙂 Let me know if you have any questions or need tips!
Today we have the second recipe of our 7 days of veganuary recipes and today I have a SUPER easy and quick recipe for you! You guys generally asked for ideas for vegan sauces and what is better than a delicious peanut sauce???
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter (pure, without salt or other additives)
- 1 garlic clove (finely crushed)
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely grated
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (or a little more if needed)
- 1 tbsp water (or if needed a little bit more)
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Optional: chilli flakes
Just mix everything together, either with a spoon in a bowl, or in a blender. The sauce is super versatile: You can either pour it over cooked rice noodles, or over vegetables, or use it in a rice dish or in a Buddha Bowl! I’d say the portion is enough for two, but Jesse and I just LOVE everything with peanuts!
Have fun and let me know how you like the recipe! As always, you can change and tweak the ingredients according to your taste. For example, add more soy sauce, pepper, ginger, more spices, etc. By the way: yesterday’s recipe for filled pasta shells with “cheese” can be found here!