This blogpost is also available in German (auf Deutsch)
Happy New Year! I hope you all had a great start to the new year! My boyfriend and I had dinner together (I’ve tried vegan fondue again) and then went to my cousin to celebrate with our neighbors and friends. It was super nice, relaxed and a nice start to 2018.
I hope you liked my review articles so far. A few days ago I published my favorite ethical fashion outfits of 2017 and then wrote a big personal review of my year 2017. Because of our trip around the world and a few blogger press trips I was traveling a lot and had some stories to share 🙂
But before I share my third and final review of 2017 with you, I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments, feedback on Instagram, stories, via email, Facebook and YouTube!!! Some of you have been reading heylilahey for years now and some of you are actually quite new to the blog. To all of you: a BIG FAT THANK YOU! I am very happy that I can share my passion for ethical fashion, natural cosmetics and travel with you!! For 2018 I have planned much more great content 🙂
Before that, however, I wanted to share my last review of 2017 – the most popular articles of 2017! Since I really like to read these types of posts on other blogs, I decided to share the most-clicked blog posts on heylilahey with you today, as well as my opinion on the articles! I only listed articles that I published in 2017. Have fun 🙂
- Our detailed budget for our 6 month world trip (read here): Ok, I understand that this blogpost was one of the most popular ones of 2017! I myself clicked my way through similar posts before our world trip because I was super curious, but I also found them helpful. I hope that my detailed list is just as helpful!
- Ethical Capsule Wardrobe (read here): I think this blog post was so well clicked thanks to Pinterest. The topic was also super popular on Facebook and YouTube and could also tell from the comments that the topic is generally very popular. Should I do a second edition? Is it too late for a winter edition?
- Sticky Waterfalls vs. Grand Canyon (read here): No idea why this travel post is so high up in the statistics! It also has no comments, so I never thought it was one of the most important ones. But it is clicked like crazy! Good SEO maybe?
- All my World Trip Travel Outfits (read here): I would have liked a similar post from a fashion blogger before the trip myself, so I understand that this article is so popular! I also find myself scrolling through the article from time to time when I am planning a trip to a warm place. I had so little clothes and still was ablet o create so many different looks!
- Fair Fashion: Ethical Lingerie (read here): Apparently a very exciting topic in the ethical fashion world!
- Sustainable & Vegan Guide to Tokyo (read here): Again, few comments, but an incredible number of clicks!
- Menstrual cup while traveling (read here) : I think the topic is very interesting and I understand the popularity! I still love the cup when traveling!
- How to Save Money for Travel (read here): I think my trips on a small budget inspired people a lot. I paid for the world trip all by myself, saved up for it for years and am happy to share how I managed to do that!
- White Boho Bedroom Interior Update (read here): It seems like you guys love my flat! I already noticed that before my trip 🙂 I also saw that I have not responded to all of the comments. I’m sorry about this! This is not typical of me and I usually try to answer every comment!
- 6 Month world trip: Our Highlights and Lowlights (read here): Of course, highlights from every trip are exciting. But even more interesting are the not so nice moments, the adventures and the crazy stories. In hindsight, strange situations usually end up making the best stories.
- DIY Macrame Wallhanging (read here): DIYs are always well liked by you, which makes me very happy!
It seems that you are most interested in the travel content, which surprised me a lot. My focus is actually on green fashion and natural cosmetics and the travel category started getting filled out more and more mainly due to our world trip. Traveling is usually not really sustainable, I have already mentioned and written about it many times. I’m not a sustainability blog at all, but every now and then I write about the topic on heylilahey, but I never know how I can find the a good balance between sustainability and traveling.
Until now I have not found the perfect solution for me. But I am planning to write more about my travels via train, as I have already planned a few trips in 2018. For example, in February I will take the train from Berlin to Paris instead of flying! And in 2017 I chose to take the train many times over the plane even though it would have been more convenient and actually cheaper (which is a sad situation) to fly.
If I look at blog posts from 2016, that were also popular in 2017 then we have to add this list:
Here I see a mix of fashion, beauty, DIY and travel – and in particular to Bali! It was definitely very exciting to take a look at these statistics and to share them with you 🙂
Is there any moment or experience that you particularly enjoyed in 2017? What kind of blogposts would you like to read on heylilahey in 2018? And again Happy New Year!!!