This text is also available in German (auf Deutsch)
Warm, cuddly sweaters are always a good choice, especially in the middle of winter (even if it doesn’t feel like it at the moment). In terms of ethical fashion, the chances of finding a chic piece increases from year to year. But if you are looking for a pretty, ethically produced, sustainable AND vegan sweater at the same time, then it gets a bit more difficult. To save you the time and pain of doing the long research I selected a few of my favorites for you:
- Mustard sweater, Thought Clothing (100% Organic Cotton, produced under fair working conditions through their own strict code of conduct, which was worked out together with the International Labor Organization)
- Bordeaux sweater, Frieda Sand (GOTS organic cotton)
- Dark blue sweater with stripes, Beaumont Organic (GOTS 100% organic cotton, made in Portugal)
- Red oversized, Beaumont Organic (GOTS 100% organic cotton, made in Portugal)
- Wide kimono sweater, Wunderwerk (GOTS certified organic cotton, made in Greece)
- Fringe sweater, Hati Hati (Ethically produced on Bali)
- Printed Sweater, Thinking Mu (100% organic cotton)
- Fleece Sweater, Patagonia (bluesign™ and Fair Trade Certified™)
- Terracota Knit, Two Thirds (More about their production here)
- Grey knitted sweater, Hessnatur (GOTS certified 100% organic cotton)
- Green knit, Armedangels (GOTS certified 100% organic cotton & PETA approved vegan)
- Beige fleece, Jan’n June
PS: In general, I always prefer natural fabric. Cashmere and wool are just perfect for the winter. Both are super warm and I don’t know of any better fabric. But of course I don’t just blindly buy wool. I prefer products made out of certified organic wool and I like to buy wool and cashmere 2nd hand. Just to give you some info and maybe inspiration, since I have shown here almost only cotton sweaters. How do you approach buying clothing? Do you live 100% vegan and don’t even buy second hand wool? Which materials do you prefer?
PPS: My vegan fashion guide for autumn might be interesting for you!